Re: Multiwindows problem

"Dawson, David W" <david.w.dawson@lmco.com> wrote:
> I'll add my experiences here -- I think I see the same problem.

I can confirm that this sequence causes the same behavior for me as well and
that if you then launch xterm #3, #4, etc., they will open and close
immediately after getting focus.

Fortunately, I had xbiff running - I clicked on it and hit enter, then
launched xterm, and everything was fine.  My only other alternative would
have been to shutdown X and restart it.

This does seem to behave as though XWin is getting confused in its keyboard
handling and thinks that CTRL+D is still down.  I've noticed similar
behavior with the enter key in conjunction with focus changes.  For example,
if an X client receives focus by dismissing a MessageBox with the enter key,
it will often begin repeatedly processing the Enter key.

--
-- Early Ehlinger CEO, ResPower Inc - Toll-Free : 866-737-7697
-- www.respower.com -- 500+ GHz Supercomputer Starting At USD$0.50/GHz*Hour