Re: Console Hiding (was:xterm is a console program?)

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 03:49:03PM -0500, Early Ehlinger wrote:
>"Harold L Hunt II" <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:
>> In general reply, could you repost (in a new thread) a description of
>> your work-around and any source code involved?  The source code doesn't
>> have to be readily compilable (i.e., we don't need a Makefile), but I
>> would like to see it to be able to evaluate the nature of the solution.
>
>The code is attached.
>
>It demonstrates a few techniques:
>
>1. A portable GetConsoleWindow function (GetConsoleHWND) that should work on
>all Cygwin-supported flavors of Windows.

The Cygwin DLL already uses something similar.  Your code is a little
too simplistic to be reliable, however.  You are not accounting for the
fact that the title change takes some time to "settle down".  You need
to check repeatedly in a loop, waiting between each check.

cgf