Re: REQ: No mouse repositioning @ end of XWin -multiwindow initialization [Alan H, ideas?]

Howdy Harold,
At 08:53 AM 5/23/2003 -0400, you wrote:
That was the way it used to work before I implemented cursor warping at the request of a user. Having cursor warping is certainly better than not having it.
We can't simply ignore cursor warping because the next move of the mouse in Windows sets the absolute cursor position in X to correspond back to where the Windows mouse is, thus it totally overrides the warp. Not having warping lead people to not understand why there application was not behaving as expected.

Agreed, but does warping really make sense in multiwindow mode to move the cursor? In fullscreen, sure, but when Xwin is sharing the screen with other apps it is considered rather rude to move the pointer. ;)

-Earle F. Philhower, III earle@ziplabel.com cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel http://www.cdrlabel.com