RE: Custom icons per window class/name patch

Harold,

> > But wouldn't he have to have the SHM-enabled XWin.exe installed from the
> > KDE3-Cygwin port?  Wouldn't that kind of negate the possibility of
> > testing his code, unless he recompiles with SHM and installs cygipc (or
> > whatever it is called these days)?
> >

> XSHM is used for pixmap caching, in my exprerience qt/kde works without this
> support, but will be slower.

This statement belongs to the xserver.

On the client side the shm (XShm...) related symbols in libXext are required. It
may be possible to patch the kde/qt sources to provide a dummy wrapper, if the
x11 distribution does not provide this symbol.

Ralf