RE: key bounce problem

I tried the "xset r off" when it was mentioned and have not had a keyboard
bounce problem since.  According to the way I read the man page for xset,
only the rate parameter is handled by the keyboard extension and not the
autorepeat on/off.  From what I can tell, in a ms-windows based xserver,
that option can always be set off without anyone noticing because ms-windows
has its own autorepeat that will be on anyway.  I have attached the relevant
section of the man page below for others to decide how they want to read
it...

Andy

     r       The r option controls the autorepeat.  Invoking with  "-r",  or
               "r off",  will  disable autorepeat, whereas "r", or "r on"
will
               enable autorepeat.  Following the "-r" or "r"  option  with
an
               integer  keycode  between  0  and  255  will  disable or
enable
               autorepeat on that key respectively, but only if it makes
sense
               for the particular keycode.  Keycodes below 8 are not
typically
               valid for this command.   Example:  "xset -r 10"  will
disable
               autorepeat  for  the  "1"  key on the top row of an IBM PC
key-
               board.

               If the server supports the XFree86-Misc extension, or  the
XKB
               extension, then a parameter of 'rate' is accepted and should
be
               followed by zero, one or two numeric values. The  first
speci-
               fies  the  delay before autorepeat starts and the second
speci-
               fies the repeat rate.  In the case that the server supports
the
               XKB  extension,  the delay is the number of milliseconds
before
               autorepeat starts, and the rate is the number  of  repeats
per
               second.   If  the rate or delay is not given, it will be set
               the default value.