-nounixkill doesn't seem to work (Was Re: Ctrl-Alt-Backspace)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Jack Tanner wrote:

> Er, so Ctrl-Alt-Backspace kills the X-server (quite efficiently, and
> with no confirmation). This is bad (for example, when Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
> happens to match an Emacs incantation).
>
> Since Xwin plays nicely with the system tray icon for exiting, is there
> any reason to listen for Ctrl-Alt-Backspace? I can think of two reasons
> -- compatibility with XFree86 convention across platforms, and
> preserving keyboard accessibility. I'm not sure that either one is very
> important here.
>
> The least disruptive fix is probably to make Ctrl-Alt-Backspace invoke
> the same confirmation dialog that the system tray icon invokes.
>
> Thanks,
> JT

Well, technically, adding "-nounixkill" to the XWin.exe parameter list
should do it, but it doesn't work for me.  When I open an XWin session on
a Win2k SP3 machine, Ctrl-Alt-Backspace still happily kills the server,
even with -nounixkill.  The command I used to start the X server was

XWin :1.0 -nounixkill

(since I have Exceed running on display :0.0) and pressed
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace in the window once the screen appeared to have
initialized (after a minute or so).  /tmp/XWin.log is attached, and the
versions of the relevant (IMO) installed software are below.  Please let
me know what further information I can provide (or experiments I could
try) to help diagnose the problem.
	Igor

$ cygcheck -cd | egrep 'XFree|cygwin '
cygwin                  1.5.5-1