Re: keyboard not working

Hi!

I have just seen this thread, and report EXACTLY the
same problems that
Stephan has reported. Mouse, Shift, Alt, Ctrl and the
numeric keys do work,
the rest does not.

I am using a Microsoft Natural Keyboard. I do have the
latest DirectX too
(don't know if that is related).

Xterm does not show characters typed other than
numeric chars. xev reports
what I mentioned on the previous paragraph.

RXVT does not accept input either UNLESS I unset
DISPLAY (last version I had
did not have this requirement).

I have tried to solve this problem by getting a sample
XF86Config file and
putting in the setting

Option "XkbModel"    "microsoft"

to no avail. Any hints on what might be happening
would be greatly welcomed.
I totally depend on Cygwin (I use rxvt all the time),
so I would greatly
appreciate hints on what to do.

Best Regards,

JUAN M. MEDINA
  a.. From: Stephan Schaefer <s dot schaefer at sun
dot com>
  b.. To: alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot
tu-chemnitz dot de
  c.. Cc: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
  d.. Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:16:24 +0100
  e.. Subject: Re: keyboard not working
  f.. Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com

----

Which programs have you tried? Please also run xev for
testing and press
some keys in the "Event Test" window. Are there some
ButtonPress events
reported?

Yes! Mouseevents are all reported correctly.
Additionally I see events from
Shift/Ctrl/Alt and, most surprising, the numeric
keypad is working as well.
Still nothing from the rest of the keyboard....

Stephan