Re: Proper attribution of patches

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Alan Hourihane wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> If you did get this code directly from Cygwin/X's tree then I'd of
> expected at least the credit to be apportioned to Harold at the very
> least, rather than putting your name against it. Ralf's name could have
> been corrected later, with a follow email from Harold.
>
> It's a simple change to put that right in the CHANGELOG. So I'll do that.

I had that on my next set of commits.  Except for the _XtInherit one, the
fixes were idiot-level ones that I fixed inline, compared to X.Org and
sync'd.  So no credit is owed for those.

However, there's a chunk of ifdef's in config/cf that I intend to use, so
that merits a note.

It's not from "Cygwin/X" tree, but freedesktop.org - though of course I
did the proper research to see what the whole story was.  All of this got
my attention since the current cygwin/X packages are broken, as Harold is
well aware.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net