Re: Working with fonts

xlsfonts, xfontsel and -fn option did the trick. All I want is to increase the fonts on xterm, and the pre-existing fonts are suitable.

Tks for your help.

pl

>On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 laboiss1@netscape.net wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to setup my xterm with the -fn -fs option in order to
>> increase the font size. I just can't figure out how and which fonts to
>> select, and therefore it always defaults to "fixed". Does anybody have a
>> font primer? I'm looking for things such as which directory to
>> uncompress fonts, what names to use and how to link them?
>>
>> tks,
>> Paul Laboiss

>Umm, line wrapping would be nice...
>
>That aside, are you trying to specify some existing font for the xterm, or
>add your own fonts?  If the former, xlsfonts and xfontsel are your
>friends.  Make sure you specify either a complete alias, or enough
>properties to uniquely identify the font (xfontsel won't show aliases,
>IIRC).
>
>If the latter (add new fonts), there are a few steps which I don't recall
>at the moment and won't dig for unless that's what you wanted, so let me
>know.  FWIW, you can do similar things to add a font alias, which might
>make the font specification in the previous paragraph easier.
>   Igor
>P.S. You only need the '-fn' option.
>--
>               http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
>      |\      _,,,---,,_       pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
>ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_       igor@watson.ibm.com
>     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'      Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
>    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL    a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!
>
>"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
>to the bathroom is a major career booster."  -- Patrick Naughton

New! Unlimited Access from the Netscape Internet Service.
Beta test the new Netscape Internet Service for only $1.00 per month until 3/1/04.
Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.