Re: Possible to use clipboard with remote/xdm connection?

Chris,

I think there is a timing and authentication problem with the internal -clipboard implementation and remote XDM sessions. You can, instead, use the 'xwinclip' program (installed via Cygwin's setup.exe) and wait to launch it until after you have logged in to your remote XDM host. You may have to run 'xhost 127.0.0.1' on the remote host after you have logged in.

Harold

Chris Green wrote:

Should it be possible to get the '-clipboard' parameter to work with
cyxwin/X when connecting to a remote xdm program?

I'm using cygwin/X on a win2k system to connect to a Slackware Linux
(9.1) system on my home LAN.  Is it possible to get clipboard
cut/paste to work either to or from my WIn2k desktop?