Re: MOUSE MOVE EVENT + CTRL + LEFT CLICK not recognized?

--- Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, jason cafarelli wrote:
>
> > I've recently started using cygwin in place of
> > XVision.  One of my programs uses ctrl + left
> click to
> > move a mouse cursor around the screen.  For some
> > reason CYGwin does not seem to recognize the ctrl
> key
> > being held down.  Is this a "newb"
> setup/configuration
> > problem or something more serious?
> >
> > Two other xservers i have tested with recognize
> the ctrl+click.
>
> What does "xev" show?
> 	Igor
> --
> 				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
>       |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
> ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_		igor@watson.ibm.com
>      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'		Igor Pechtchanski,
> Ph.D.
>     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL	a.k.a
> JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!
>
> If there's any real truth it's that the entire
> multidimensional infinity
> of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a
> bunch of maniacs. /DA
>
> --
> Problem reports:
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation:         http://x.cygwin.com/docs/
> FAQ:                   http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/

xev in window test mode shows the ctrl_keypress and
leftmouse_click but if type in
xwininfo (to get the window id)
xev -id (id number)
then only form_resize, form_drag, form_active(focus,
confginotify); events are shown.  No mouse/keyboard
events show up.

Am i not using xev correctly?