From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of Eric S. Johansson
Sent: Fri, August 26, 2005 9:14 AM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: high CPU load

(note: I sent this out last night but it didn't seem to appear.  Forgive
me if this is a duplicate post)

I'm not sure what has happened but relatively recently I've noticed that
the X11 server is consuming inordinate amounts of CPU (70%+) even when
it is not doing anything.  I've upgraded to the latest cygwin but it
didn't change anything.

Running on Windows 2000 with all service packs plus security fixes.

ideas?

---eric