port existing x windows application to win32

Darryl darryls@productcosting.com
Thu Nov 10 11:09:00 GMT 2005

At 04:09 10/11/2005, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>  can you pls tell me how I can port existing x windows
>application to win32? Is there any tool that does this
>or do I have to replace the X11 API with win32 API
>manually?
>

>Thanks,
>Mehnaz

We have ported large X apps from Unix / Linux onto Cygwin using a single
master source set and run on 9x, Xp and W200*. Also the same under
Microsoft's Services For Unix then using the Cygwin X server again on all
the windows platforms above. If I remember correctly here were some minor
code changes but these were trivial and handle with #ifdef .

So just go to it with Cygwin no special tooling required.

Darryl Scott