Re: X "server already running"?

Thanks Phil,

All my googling for a solution pointed to the /tmp/.X11-unix directory but unfortunately it didn't exist, that's why I was thinking maybe an errant pid file somewhere.

I've been lucky this time actually, a second reboot has just fixed the problem! (Unlike the previous time I had this problem, when several reboots had no effect and I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling cygwin from scratch).

regards,

- Kev