Installed CygwinX and xhost not found

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Dec 2 20:29:00 GMT 2008

RICHARD RASO wrote:
> So I have searched the FAQs and found a note that says to add a path statement to correct this problem.

for missing xhost, the correct FAQ is
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-where-is-xxyzy

If it's the Cygwin/X FAQ which has given you the wrong advice to adjust your
path, can you please give me a reference so I can correct it

> Next, I reinstalled the software but I installed the CygwinX support. I checked the CygwinX documentation and in chapter 4, it talks about starting CygwinX with either startwxin.bat, or startxwin.sh or startx. I have searched my Cygwin files for this members and do not find them. I was expecting to find one or more of them.
>
> Do I create a startxwin file? If not, did my installation not work correctly?

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/setup-cygwin-x-installing.html

See point 15.

For the startup scripts you need to install the xinit package.