[1.7] Question - Should X11 apps work?

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Dec 18 20:32:00 GMT 2008

I've been trying out cygwin 1.7, and I'm wondering if the X server
and/or libraries will have to be rebuilt before I can expect them to
cooperate with 1.7.  My question is prompted by some problems with emacs
under 1.7 that I reported elsewhere
(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-12/msg00261.html).  I forgot to
mention in that thread that the problems occurred when running emacs
under X.  I hardly ever use emacs any other way, so it slipped my mind.

But I just tried emacs under cygwin 1.7 without X (i.e., by running
Cygwin.bat and then running emacs in the resulting window), and the
problems don't occur.  So maybe it's just too soon to be testing X11
applications under 1.7.

Ken