Re: Wine creating windows offscreen when "multiwindow" is used?

Jon,

Yes! That fixed it. Windows from Wine open up just as regular X windows on the primary monitor.

To achieve this is appears as though you're ignoring the Window's requested x/y position entirely and favoring the placement heuristics, as these coordinates are being ignored.

I do have a use-case where I want windows from Wine to be created at a designated position for testing, so I don't have to test on a Windows machine for placement as well. Is it at all possible to have these windows map their coordinates strictly, as in 0,0 on the primary monitor would be 1920x1080 in my case.

For example, I may want a child window which is a custom dialog aligned to the center of its parent, or a newly created window to be center-aligned to the screen.

You've done a great job with this, Jon. I'm not complaining, as this will allow me to begin writing code immediately (I can finally see the window!).

Thanks so much for your help. :)

Matt D.