Re: Need help to replicate old behavior of my X setup scripts with latest Xfree86 update

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 08:17:21PM +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:
try putting "sleep inf" in .startxwinrc
It should simulate the old behaviour

Running sleep or any command from .startxwinrc adds an icon to the Win7
taskbar now (I'm referring specifically to the part of the taskbar
showing icons for running appliecations, not the tray - it's always been
in the tray and that's fine). Is there are any to keep the X server
running without the extra clutter after these new changes?

Thanks,
Jake