Cygwin/X XDMCP Issue

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten@gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 18:36:00 GMT 2015

Hi,

I am (again) experiencing some issues when running Cygwin/X in
combination with XDMCP. Opening a cygwin prompt and running 'startxwin'
works as expected. But when I try to connect to my remote Linux system
with the command 'xwin -query 192.168.0.21' (or with the 'XLaunch'
program and choose XDMCP) the screen stays black. Things used to work,
but apparently something broke my setup.

Im running the latest Cygwin/X, and applied all current updates on my
Fedora 21 Linux system. Im running KDM.

Any and all ideas are more than welcome, as I have no idea whats going
on here.

( I tried to included my XWin.log and a wireshark tracefile to this
message, but the mail server keeps bouncing my messages).

- Maarten