Re: ASCII and BINARY files. Why? (the conversation which won't die)

I vote for only binary...but at a minimum, have an environment
variable to put in into strict binary (for posix I/O) and strip the extra
\n\r into \n in stdio)

I want to be able to change this behavior at run time if I use the defaults.

There was an attitude "its easy if you do it right".  So is everything.

--
marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com

-