Re: Building DLLs

Satish Balay, you wrote:

> 	I tried using Makefile.DLLs and had a few problems.
> 	(gcc-Beta-17.1)
>
> 	ld could'nt understand the -L*** -l options.

That's a bit strange.  What error are you getting, exactly?

> 	I had to change linker form ld to gcc
>
> 	Once i made this change things seem to fall in place.
> 	However I could'nt build my libs as dlls as there were
> 	a bunch of unresolved symbols.
>
> 	Q: In a case where liba.a -> libb.a -> libc.a ->libd.a
> 	How do I create liba.dll, libb.dll, libc.dll? and not libd.dll
> 	Any Idea if this is possible?

Yes, you just need to set the LDLIBS-foo variable to link in the
appropriate libraries (and of course you need to add the appropriate
dependencies to your makefile, so that make doesn't try to link
with a library before it has been built).

E.g. if libfoo.dll uses libbar.dll, then you need to link it with
`-lbar.stubs'.

	LDLIBS-foo = -lbar.stubs

You might also need `LDFLAGS = -L.' (I forget whether `.' is in
the default search path).

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.