Re: Absolute file-path under bash (cygwin32)

Paul Prescod <papresco@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> Because who wants to rewrite every Unix application that uses its own
> file path manipulation functions? I would love to be told that doing
> file path manipulation using strtok and strcmp is rare, but I would be
> surprised if that is the case.

But I was referring to (or meant to be) what the low level libraries should
accept with no implications on what the higher level application layer should
deal with.  Are there places where the libraries are generating paths?  If so,
I would think they should use "/" characters unless some input path uses
solely "\" characters.

Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
                                         1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                        Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org
-