Re: Building Dlls and exports(gcc & lcc)

     You can create an alias for the function name using the .def file.
     The following text is taken from documentation on LINK32.

     Syntax
     EXPORTS definitions

     This statement makes one or more definitions available as exports to
     other programs.
     EXPORTS marks the beginning of a list of export definitions. Each
     definition must be on a separate line. The EXPORTS keyword can be on
     the same line as the first definition or on a preceding line. The .DEF
     file can contain one or more EXPORTS statements.

     The syntax for an export definition is:
     entryname[=internalname] [@ordinal[NONAME]] [DATA] [PRIVATE]

     The entryname is the name of the function or data item as it is to be
     used by the calling program. You can optionally specify the
     internalname as the function known in the defining program; by
     default, internalname is the same as entryname. The ordinal specifies
     an index into the exports table in the range 1 through 65,535; if you
     do not specify ordinal, LINK assigns one. The NONAME keyword exports
     the function only as an ordinal, without an entryname.
     The DATA keyword specifies that the exported item is a data item. The
     data item in the client program must be declared using extern
     __declspec(dllimport).

     The optional keyword PRIVATE tells IMPLIB to ignore the definition.
     PRIVATE prevents entryname from being placed in the import library.
     The keyword has no effect on LINK.
     There are three methods for exporting a definition, listed in
     recommended order of use:
      1.     The __declspec(dllexport) keyword in the source code
      2.     An /EXPORT specification in a LINK command
      3.     An EXPORTS statement in a .DEF file

     All three methods can be used in the same program. When LINK builds a
     program that contains exports, it also creates an import library,
     unless an .EXP file is used in the build.

     I hope this helps.
     | Scott A. Mintz               | voice: (216) 646-4805              |
     | Allen-Bradley Company        | fax:   (216) 646-4961              |
     | 1 Allen-Bradley Drive        | email: scott.mintz@po.cle.ab.com   |
     | Mayfield Hts., OH 44124-6118 | CIS:   71461,632                   |