Re: Picking up include directories automatically

jeffdb@netzone.com writes:
 > I think you misunderstood the thrust of my message, if you
 > are willing to alter your specs file
 > you can have any include directories you want, just make sure
 > that the specs file you want to use is in the first directory searched
 > by gcc ie. export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr./lib will use the specs file from
 > /usr/lib
 > if there is one.
 > just make sure you DON'T have one in H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/etc...
 > cause that will get used first
 > so again in your specs file right under the line that says
 > *cpp:
 > put -I/your/include/dir
 > DON"T insert or delete any lines, just type the dirs you want on that
 > line.
 > if you want to exclude all of the system dirs add -nostdinc, then gcc cpp
 > and cc1 will
 > only search in the dirs you specify.
 > see the gcc man page or info page preprocessor options for more info.

Hmm, the gcc man page doesn't seem to tell me anything about how to
edit this file, and info doesn't have anything on gcc. Can somebody
tell me exactly how to edit this file? The current contents
(presumably the default) are:-
*cpp:
%(cpp_cpu) %[cpp_cpu] %{posix:-D_POSIX_SOURCE}

*cc1
-