Perl 5.004

Has anyone managed to build perl5.004 from the sources on Win95 with b18?

After a few hours of struggle, I have what seems to be a working
perl.exe. However, I get a syntax error in compiling Fcntl.c, which is
part of the module library.

The syntax error is reported in op.h, but it seems to come from the
inclusion of cw32imp.h, which is caused by the definition of
DLLIMPORT.

I followed the installation instructions, but that was not sufficient
to build perl.exe. Specifically, I copied hints/cygwin32.sh to
config.sh and ran "sh ./Configure -d." I had problems because
   gcc -print-file-name=foo.a
produces pathnames with a mixture of slashes and backslashes. (I
modified perlgcc to circumvent the problem.)
Also, GNUmakefile did not define CYGWIN32, which resulted in linking
errors. For that, I added the missing declaration in the hints file.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fabio

--
Fabio Somenzi          | Phone: 303-492-3466
University of Colorado | Fax:   303-492-2758

-