Re: Troubles with programs used as CGI's

Excerpts from what dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de said:

 |Hi Geoffrey, you wrote:

 |Yes, but what about multi-user in different security contexts or
 |running as an NT service or both at once?
 |Hmm, reminds me to try su from the NT resource kit...

I recently ported some code that is essentually an SMTP server that had to run
as an NT service.  I managed to patch the code enough to allow it to run as a
service but if anyone on the same box tries to run _anything_ compiled with
the cygwin libraries it is garenteed to crash and burn.  The app (i.e. 'ls',
'grep', etc..) gets an access violation, drWatson.log, and exits with the text:

C:\>ls
(unknown) shared_init: CreateFileMappingA
cygwin: terminating

C:\>

I have not had the time to look into why this happens.  I had such big hopes
for this (cygwin) effort but until I can do multitasking it is useless to me.

8*}

P.S. - If anyone has a clue as to what I am doing wrong could you please make
me feel foolish?  Please??!!!!

Steve Coleman          -- scoleman@sewp.nasa.gov
vox: 301.286.7636         fax: 301.286.0317

-