Re: `find' command broken.

$Bill Luebkert writes:
 > James Dumser wrote:
 > > For things to work
 > > correctly with zsh, you'd have to start with
 > >         find . -name '\'*.c\'' -print
 >
 > Fails in tcsh:
 > 	Unmatched '.

Ditto for zsh (nice problem summary though).

 > > So what's the solution? I can think of several:
 > >  - don't use non-cygwin, globbing shells
 > >  - use non-cygwin utilities
 > >  - be very meticulous when you mix non-cygwin shells and cygwin programs
 > >  - port your non-cygwin, globbing shell to cygwin (which should be easier
 > >    now with Sergery's latest cygwin.dll)
 >
 > What's the matter with fix Cygwin32 to handle quoting
 > properly for non-cygwin32 apps?

Or, alternatively, as a quick-hack fix:

How about introducing an environment variable that means "don't have cygwin
glob", and modify the above code as follows:

 > >>           /* Expand *.c, etc.  */
 > >>           if (! u->self->cygwin_parent_p && !getenv("CYGWIN_DONT_GLOB"))
 > >>             globify (&argc, &argv);

Then I could just set CYGWIN_DONT_GLOB in my .zshrc and then `find', etc
would behave the same as under bash.

    --- John

-