Re: directx

The headers in SDK_4_ming_cygwin32
will compile using g++, that isn't
the major problem, the reason you have to use C for
the INTERFACE_() declarations is that the
system dll's were built with VC++,
which has a different name mangling convention
than g++.

Unless you want to try to figure out msvc++ name mangling
and implement that for gnu-win32 g++, you will never
be able to use any of the C++ routines in the system
libraries, you will always have to "thunk"
to C.

On Fri, 01 Aug 1997 12:14:08 -0700, you wrote:

>Derek Greene wrote:
>
>Check out....
> http://dragon.acadiau.ca/~025668b/develop/cygnus/
>
>I have also used gnuwin32 to use OLE & COM objects.  I think directx
>uses a similar interface.  It's not easy, you must use C not C++ for
>now.  C++ cleans up your code alot, but it doesn't compile the Microsoft
>headers at all.  For some reason the g++ is more peticular about the
>location of * in a function prototype that returns a pointer.
>
>The directx sample doesn't have any problems since it uses C.
>
>For instance,
>int * __stdcall foo();
>
>gives an error.  but
>
>int __stdcall * foo();
>
>does not.
>
>Another thing is that if you declare the calling convention for a member
>function of a class, the calling convention is ignored.  This may pose a
>problem since OLE expects stdcall for member functions of COM objects.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Eric Britten
>
>> has ANYONE managed to port directx to gnu-win32? puh-leez say yes,
>> puh-leez
>> say yes....:)
>> -
>> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message
>> "gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
>

>-

(*jeffdb@netzone.nospam.com)
Remove *&.nospam from the above to reply
         Mikey
-