POSIX IPC in GNU WIN32 C++-Compiler

Dear CYGNUS Team

Currently I'm porting software (including IPC mechanisms like semaphores
and shared memory) from UNIX to WindowsNT.

The compiler I use is the CYGNUS GNU WIN32 C++-Compiler.

- Does the CYGNUS GNU WIN32 C++-Compiler support POSIX (or any other UNIX, e.g.
  System V) semaphores (or other synchronizing mechanism) and shared memory?

- Are there any other concepts used in the CYGNUS GNU WIN32 C++-Compiler
  for exchanging large amount of data among processes?

- Is there any sample code ilustrating the use of IPC mechanisms?

Thank you!

Regards

Andreas Speck

email: speck@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
http:  http://www-sr.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~speck

University of Tuebingen
Wilhelm-Schickard-Department for Computer Science
Research Group Symbolic Computation
Sand 13
D-72076 Tuebingen
Phone: +49(7071) 29-78961