fork - Is there a problem:

Hi ,
I am new to gnu-win32 .  I have the following prob:
while forking ( ver - b18  .)

/* Example Code*/
int main()
{
int x;
if(  !fork() )
  printf("Child\n" );
else
  printf("Parent\n");

/* If wait is commented out  the program shows errors*/
wait( &x ) ;
return x ;
}

The the above code works fine BUT IF wait() is commented out  the program
becomes unpredictable ( sometimes it works ...  sometimes
shows  EXCEPTION TRAPPED ... I think it depends on which process finishes
first - chid || parent  .

Is the above behaviour a  bug  or is
this the way fork() is supposed to work in cygwin

Is there a workaround ?????
thanx

Soumen
sbiswas@novell.com