Re: Trivial question (maybe): how to use swedish keyboard with bash

TW> I then restarted the computer and found that it was possible to
TW> use the shift key  Alt Gr  to type  @${[]}\|  being in bash.
TW> BUT IT WAS STILL NOT POSSIBLE TO TYPE "`", i.e. backward apo-
TW> strophe and "~", i.e. tilde.

Normally you don't need the backward apostropy in bash - simply say
$(command) instead of `command`.

WIN95 does not seem to handle the dead keys (characters show up after
typing another key) right. On German keyboards, ~ works fine, but in your
language it may be a dead key.

What is really annoying is that the non-dead layout-specific keys do not
work with latest coolview, e.g. the umlauts on German keyboards.

If you really need the keys that are dead in your layout, there is a
workaround: In Control Panel / Keyboard you can load the English/USA
language and layout and switch the layouts via hotkey as needed. English/
USA layout has another advantage: VI(M) commands are now quite logical :-)

BTW: How do I type national characters such as German umlauts or French
accented characters on US-keyboards?

regards
-