Re: Redirect the stderr GCC stream to file, executing from Ms-Dosshell

>>2) Write a small program to redirect stderr to stdout and run its
>>arguments.
>
>Can you give me a quick hint what the small program mentioned in point
>no.  2 would look like.  How would I invoke this to re-direct the
>output of GCC to a file.

Create a file called 'stderr.c':

int
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  dup2(1, 2);
  argv++;
  execvp(*argv, argv);
  perror(*argv);
  exit(1);
}

Compile this:

gcc -o stderr -g stderr.c

The program stderr will redirect all error output to the same place as
stdout:

stderr gcc -c stderr.c > gcc.out

This will probably only work with cygwin.dll programs, though.

cgf
-