ioctl calls with latest coolview

I had a little test program that uses ioctl to set a terminal into raw
mode.
It has always worked fine until I installed the latest coolview from
Sergeys page.
It now calls the TCGETA fail (see below).
After backing off to a previous version of coolview, it again works ok.

Has anyone seen this behaviour? Any ideas?

The C code is thus, (I know you don't need all the includes. It was
taken from a larger program),

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <ctype.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <pwd.h>
#include <termio.h>
static struct termio tbufsave;
main()
{
  struct termio tbuf;

  if (ioctl(0, TCGETA, &tbuf) == -1){
    perror("kwrawmd: ioctl (TCGETA) fail ");
    exit(1);
  }
  else {
    printf("kwrawmd ok\n");