Re: Bash as the interactive shell in Emacs 19.34.6 for NT not working

May I refer you to:

:-) :-)

Earnie wrote:
> I don't think this is true.  I can create files with \r\n combinations
> in text=binary and files with only \n in text!=binary.

Yes, sure you *can* create a file as such.  The text file functionality (as
I understand it) is that when a file is opened as a text file in a text!=binary
mount point, then writing \n causes \r\n to be written to the file and reading
\r\n from the file appears as just \n to the program.

In a text=binary mount point, it is certainly possible for a program to write
\r\n if it desires, but if the program writes \n, then that's all that gets
into the file.

In a text!=binary mount point, if a file is opened as as text file, I think
that it is impossible for a program to write \n only, as this will be altered
to \r\n by cygwin32.  However, in a text!=binary mount point, it is possible
for a program to open a file in binary mode, and then it can write \n and
it will not be altered by cygwin32.

At least this is how I understand it.  Any corrections?

marcus hall
-