Re: cygwin.dll

Hi Dan,

Did you update with Sergey's coolview distribution?  Do you have your
directories mounted as text=binary?

If you've updated with coolview then there are two places in the
/gnuwin32/b18/... path that the cygwin.dll exists; make sure you've
updated both copies.  One is in the bin directory the other is in a lib
subdirectory where you find libcygwin.a

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Let me point you to:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)

http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)

http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)

http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)

=
>=3D
>As such, I downloaded and installed all the stuff I could gt ahold of.
>
>After reading the installation notes, and carefully doing everything
=3D
>described - I ventured into some source, determined to make my own =3D
>executable, one that worked.
>
>The shell seems to work fine, with all functions available (even
created =
>=3D
>and properly mounted /tmp!).
>
>Problem is, when i invoke a ./configure command, the config fails in
the =
>=3D
>same manner as above (when attempting to call awk.exe).  Another oddity
=
>=3D
>is when I attempt to use make.exe, the same failure occurs in the
cygwin =
>=3D
>except handler.
>
>Since this is occuring in 3 (probably more) independant circumstances,
I =