using g++ with exceptions

I tried to compile some little program developed using BCC
and I have problems with new operator and its exception.

So I have two questions:
1) Which header I must to include? Using mingw32 I can include
"new.h" and catch "bad_alloc" exception (instead of including "except.h"
and
catching "xalloc" - BCC) and all works perfectly but it doesn't work
when I try
to compile the same code using gnuwin32's g++ compiler or g++ port on
FreeBSD.
2) What are conventions for using an exception handling using g++
compiler?

Gergic
--
Name: Jaroslav Gergic
- student of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University,

-