This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RCS Change Log
- To: ntemacs-users at cs dot washington dot edu
- Subject: RCS Change Log
- From: Paul Kinnucan <paulk at mathworks dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:46:34 -0500
- Cc: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
I've managed to get the Update Change Log command
on NT/Emacs 19.34.6's Tools->Version Control menu working. This command
creates or updates a change log for a file under RCS
version control, using the change log info from the file's
RCS archive file. For me, getting the Update Change Log command to
work entailed the following:
1. Obtain a copy of the rcs2log bash script from a Unix
distribution of Emacs.
2. Install the b18 version of the Cygnus gnuwin32
Unix for Windows distribution.
This distribution provides the bash shell and sed and
sort utilities required to run the rcs2log script.
3. Make the following change line 1788 in the vc.el
(eq 0 (apply 'call-process "rcs2log" nil t nil
(eq 0 (apply 'call-process "sh.exe" nil t nil "rcs2log"
I believe my vc.el file has other changes made to get RCS
working but I don't remember what they are. Anyway, it whould
be easy for you to find this line and make the change.
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".