This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: debugging dlls?
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: debugging dlls?
- From: cgf at bbc dot com (Christopher Faylor)
- Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:20:19 GMT
- Organization: Boston Business Computing, Ltd.
- References: <m0yDJLO-00117PC@malasada.lava.net>
- Reply-To: cgf at bbc dot com
In article <m0yDJLO-00117PC@malasada.lava.net>,
Tim Newsham <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Is it possible to use gdb (or another debugger) to do source-level
>debugging of dlls? In particular the cygwinb19.dll. If anyone has
>any tips (other than using debugging print statements) for debugging
>dlls and the cygwin dll in particular, I would be interested in hearing
Usually, I just break on main if the executable I'm debugging is built
with debugging. Otherwise I do a 'file whatever/cygwinb19.dll' and set
a breakpoint using the appropriate symbols.
http://www.bbc.com/ email@example.com "Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions Boston Business Computing the real can be."
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".