This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: b19 file I/O
- To: "'gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com'" <gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: RE: b19 file I/O
- From: Jacob Langseth <jlangseth at esisys dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:51:13 -0500
- Cc: "'Mumit Khan'" <khan at xraylith dot wisc dot edu>
- Organization: Enhanced Systems
Mumit Khan [SMTP:email@example.com] wrote:
> > 16 seconds vs. *11 and a half minutes* for decompression???
> FAT or NTFS? If it's FAT, then it's probably due to using NT Extended
> Attributes (EA SF) file.
Hmm.... my system is FAT.
Given the extremity of the delay, would it not be reasonable
to have cygwinb19.dll detect FAT vs. NTFS, and use the
appropriate calls (ie b18 handling), before execution?
Jacob Langseth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CTI Engineer -- Enhanced Systems, Inc.
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".