This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: symlinks don't work on samba mounted dir
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: symlinks don't work on samba mounted dir
- From: cgf at bbc dot com (Christopher Faylor)
- Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 13:55:39 GMT
- Organization: Boston Business Computing, Ltd.
- References: <3517C0BD.77426B1A@mediaone.net>
- Reply-To: cgf at bbc dot com
In article <3517C0BD.77426B1A@mediaone.net>,
Stuart Adams <email@example.com> wrote:
>Symlinks don't seem to work on a remote (samba)
>mounted file system. If I do ln -s a b, then say cat b
>I get !<symlink>a.
>I mounted the dir with:
> mount -b m:/gnu /gnu
I've noticed this too. I don't think there is any way around this problem
other than to make the symlink on the remote system, if it is a UNIX system.
http://www.bbc.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org "Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions Boston Business Computing the real can be."
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".