Re: An NFS Server for Gnu-win32

At 09:25 AM 4/16/98 +1200, Ian Collins wrote:
>Has anyone heard of a NFS port to gnu-win32?
>I want to be able to mount my gnu-win32 filesystems on a Unix machine
>(unfortunately, Samba doesn't work both ways).
>
>Ian Collins.
>KIWIPLAN NZ.

Check out http://www.truegrid.com/nfs.html. Its an NT/95 NFS server and is
free! It works reasonably well, although there can be some twiddling
necessary to work-around the occasional permissions problems. Its not
source and doesn't understand cygwin32 conventions but other than loosing
symbolic link functionality, this seems to be of little consequence. I've
been using it for a few months now to mount NTFS and FAT disks to Suns without
difficulty...

Larry Hall lhall@rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street (781) 239-1655 - FAX