Re: EGCS Win32 gcc compiler wanted

Gorton,

---Original Message---

[snip]

I installed the b19.1 to my Pentium 133/32M ram PC together with NT
4.0 (workstation). I tried to tar (decompress) the EGCS 1.0.2 file
(9.5M bytes in size). It took me whole night (about 15 hours) to do
this, but it still has not been finished yet. The CPU usage almost
stays 100%. It must be something wrongly. Normally, it only took a
few minutes to compress a 20M bytes file if used a Winzip on the same
computer. I guess that I have to turn on or to set some flags to
this gnu-win32. Does anyone know how to speed up this gnu-win32?

------

I can't help with this one Gorton. My immediate goal is to replace
the MS C++ compiler with ECGS, so I'm sticking with Mingw32 for now.

Not long ago there was some correspondence on the list here about
slow I/O with Cygwin32 that was traced to using 1KB buffers, but
that would hardly account for the extraordinary run-times you are
experiencing.

Perhaps some of the Cygwin32 gurus can help you out here.

Regards,
Pike

-