Re: EGCS Win32 gcc compiler wanted

Hello Gorton,

You wrote:

>Yes, I am using the FAT file system on NT, but the problem does not seem to be that you mentioned below. To me, it seems to be a problem with tar utility. I used the following command to unpack and tar this egcs-1.0.2_tar.gz file. It took me more than 20 hours to do this but still could not finish it.
>
>tar -xvfz egcs-1.0.2_tar.gz.
>
>To fix this problem is easy, just separate this to two steps as follow.
>
>gzip -d -xvfz egcs-1.0.2_tar.gz.
>tar -xvf egcs-1.0.2.tar
Recently someone complained about pipes in cygwin32 beeing in text
mode by default. Perhaps the pipe tar uses to un-gzip the archive is
in text mode, too? This could explain why it took so long (every CR
had to be converted to CRLF for example) and why the output was
corrupted.

Any comments from someone who knows it exactly?

bye

Michael
-