Re: gcc and cross-compilers

"Kai Ruottu" <karuottu@freenet.hut.fi> writes:

|  Here's some problems and bugs revealed when trying to build a
| Linux-to-mingw32 compiler from the egcs-1.0.2 sources and using
| the Mumit's libs and headers :

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I'll have to try this ASAP.

| Mumit's C++ libs are quite fat, so self-made slimmer ones will
| be needed (how a library archive can be stripped anyhow?)

Why would you want to strip a library archive? If you get extra,
useless objects linked to your executable, then the library
could be, perhaps, constructed in a different way (there may
be futile dependencies that could be removed). If you are
worried about the debug info carried in objects of the library
archive, then that can be stripped away from the final
executable.

Or perhaps I didn't understand what you meant :)

//Hannu
-