bash ignores terminal input

Several users had complained that various apps, such as NT's FTP utility, seemed to
be ignoring user input, or giving strange -- or no -- output when run under bash.  I
am presently trying to use several in-house text-based apps under bash.  These apps
were written to run under NT's MSDOS shell, and they exhibit weird terminal response
under bash (using B19.1).  Chiefly, they seem to ignore input.

The problem is somewhat alleviated by running the apps under MSDOS shell from bash
(i.e. cmd /c "command'), but if I do this, and send a CTRL-C signal to such an app
while it is running, it seems to hang, and I can only kill it using NT's Task
Manager.

Does anyone know if this problem ever got fixed?  I noticed that the number of
postings to the mailing list about this problem seems to have diminished over the
last couple of months, so I thought there might have been a fix put in place that I
overlooked.

Rob

-