Re: Which Mingw32 to use?

Hi Edward,

I've been extensively using Mingw32.  I've looked at EGCS at had some
success with version 1.01.

Here's how I've structured the directories for the different packages:

mkdir c:\root
#Then put each package under root
c:\root\cygnus
c:\root\egcs
c:\root\mingw32
#Create a bin directory
mkdir c:\root\bin
#Create three .BAT files and use these to initialize the sessions.
c:\root\bin\cygnus.bat
c:\root\bin\egcs.bat
c:\root\bin\mingw32.bat

For mingw32 and the egcs-mingw32 you need to:
SET CYGWIN32=notty nobinmode notitle
SET MAKE_MODE=unix  (if you plan to use make files with UNIX style
delimiters)
mount the c:\root\egcs and c:\root\mingw32 as text!=binary.

for cygnus I suggest:
SET CYGWIN32=tty binmode notitle
mount all directories that you plan to use for the cygnus version as
text=binary

If you don't understand this, search the archives, you'll get tons of
info.

Hope I've been of some help.

---Edward Avis <EPA@datcon.co.uk> wrote:

> I have Cygwin32 B19.1, Sergey Okhapin's latest coolview and Mumit
Khan's
> egcs 1.02 for Cygwin32 installed and everything seems to work fine.
>
> I've looked at Colin Peter's Mingw32 page, and Mumit Khan's egcs for
> Mingw32 page, but I'm not sure which suits my needs.
>
> I want to be able to compile native Windows applications (including
GUI