Re: gcc compiler output

On 29 Apr 98 at 5:19, the Illustrious Earnie Boyd wrote:

> ---Benjamin Riefenstahl <benny@crocodial.de> wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> > Gcc has 'i386' as a pre-defined identifier indicating your hardware
> > platform. The ANSI language standard prohibits the compiler from
> > introducing such names exactly so you as a programmer can use them.
> You
> > need to call gcc with the '-ansi' option to get that behaviour though.
>
> I don't know if this would work with cygwin.  The specs file does a
> -Di386.  However, I haven't checked what happens in the specs file
> with -ansi.
>
> > You could still detect your platform by checking for '__i386__'
>
> Is this true for the cygwin gcc tools?  Is this macro defined?  It
> isn't in the specs file.

	It might be defined within the database for the make you are using...I
ran make 3.76.1 (mingw32-gcc, ie. JJs) with the command option -p.

	Directing the output to a file (NT 4.0) gave me a printable list of the
internal database that is included with make 3.76.1.  There were a number
of symbols defined...I haven't ran this under cygwin32.

	Peace,

		Paul G.