Re: Win 95 Freeze Fix Confirmed

In message <199805181710.MAA29781@Pooh.cps.com>, Richard H. Gumpertz
<rhg@cps.com> writes
>Interesting, except that there is no way that I know of to upgrade from Win
>95 release A to OSR2 (other than a complete reload)...

#include <usual reminders to backup, no guarantees etc>

Find *every* copy of win.com on your system, rename them (win.com.old in
case you want to recover them), then simply install OSR2.x over OSR1.
(At least I think its win.com it checks, its a few months since I did
this). Re-install any drivers setup did not find (or be paranoid like me
and re-install them all).

It even retains most of your system settings correctly (which shocked me
given its a Microsoft product).

--
Paul Shirley
-