This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- To: GamerX_ at usa dot net
- Subject: Re: Cygwinb19.dll
- From: Robert dot Cross at scottish-newcastle dot co dot uk
- Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:40:18 +0100 (GDT)
- Cc: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
# That sounds like the perfect way of making non-DLL requiring EXEs w/
# Cygnus.. But, would statically linked EXEs be worth the extra size? That's
# my main concern, especially since if a person is running more than 1 Cygnus
# compiled application at a time, you are saving on memory space and harddrive
# space to go with dynamic linking.
Agreed. What I was getting at was the situation where you want to deliver a
generated ''solution'' with the minimum of hassle. With the static link, you
one have one
(veRY LARge) exe, rather than one exe and a DLL that has to go lord-knows-where
package creation, a la Solaris is the answer?
What do you think?