Re: win32 popen clone for mingw32 anyone?

In article <Pine.SUN.3.93.980730191849.19089E-100000@modi.xraylith.wisc.
edu>, Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.edu> writes
>I finally had a chance to try out windres on 5 different Win95 machines
>running various OS versions -- from Win95 initial to the latest and
>greatest. I still cannot reproduce this problem. Kind of hard for me
>to fix if I can't reproduce. I'm using windres from binutils-2.9.1, so
>maybe that's the difference? I've uploaded binutils-2.9.1 for others to
>try out.
Interesting that you found binutils OK.  I was discussing the windres
problem in the context of building the R statistical system with Peter
Dalgaard (p.dalgaard@biostat.ku.dk) and he made the following comment

"The rumors I've heard say that the problems occur with W95 OSR*1*, but
not earlier or later versions and that it works with binutils 2.9.1..."

I am currently downloading binutils to try it.

--
Douglas Steele
-